A total of ten current and recent Greater Ontario Junior Hockey League players have cracked the National Hockey League Central Scouting list of draft-eligible, North American skaters. The mid-term rankings have just been released by the league.
Here are the player’s rankings along with their GOJHL club and current team:
- #18 – Oliver Bonk, St. Thomas Stars (London Knights, OHL)
- #41 – Coulson Pitre, Lasalle Vipers (Flint Firebirds, OHL)
- #75 – Easton Cowan, Komoka Kings (London Knights, OHL)
- #87 – Konnor Smith, Leamington Flyers (Peterborough Petes, OHL)
- # 103 – Florian Xhekaj, Pelham Panthers (Hamilton Bulldogs, OHL)
- #134 – Connor MacPherson, Leamington Flyers (current GOJHL player)
- 152 – Lucas Romeo, Welland Jr. Canadians (Charlottetown Islands, QMJHL)
- 155 – Ty Higgins, Stratford Warriors (Acadie-Bathurst Titan, QMJHL)
- 182 – Warren Clark, Chatham Maroons (Steinbach Pistons, MJHL)
- 223 – Ryan MacPherson, Leamington Flyers (current GOJHL player)
“It is great to see these former and current GOJHL players on the NHL’s radar for the upcoming June draft. We are looking forward to seeing what happens on draft day,” says GOJHL Commissioner, Brent Garbutt. “Our league and our teams continue to develop outstanding hockey talent on a yearly basis,” he adds.
To no one’s surprise, Connor Bedard, who helped Canada win a gold medal at the 2023 World Junior Hockey Championships, is ranked number one. Fellow champion Adam Fantilli is ranked second among North American skaters.
The 2023 National Hockey League Draft will be held at Bridgestone Arena, home of the Nashville Predators, on June 28 and 29.