Eight bursaries at $6,000 each will be awarded to the successful applicants
OHA members know first-hand the commitment needed to succeed at a high level on the ice and in the classroom. With this school year providing extra challenges, the hard work put forth by graduating students are being recognized.
The OHA is proud to partner with Dairy Farmers of Ontario (DFO) to present the Bursary Program, which recognizes OHA members for their outstanding commitment to:
- Community service: the applicant demonstrates “perseverance, originality and heart,” while assisting in building stronger and healthier communities
- Academics: dedication to their studies and attaining high grades in the classroom • Athletics: on-ice success/achievement, as well as a passion for the game of hockey
Eight (8) DFO Bursaries will be awarded at $6,000 each.
“Dairy Farmers of Ontario is proud to support Ontario youth achieve their goals, both on and off the ice,” said Cheryl Smith, Chief Executive Officer at DFO. “MilkUP is DFO’s youth lifestyle that was created with youth success in mind. Through this bursary program we will recognize outstanding Ontario youth athletes who demonstrate MilkUP’s values: perseverance, originality and heart.”
“We are very excited to partner with Dairy Farmers of Ontario on this special bursary program for our OHA players,” said David Leger, Executive Director of the OHA. “We understand that in many cases, our players are participating in our programs while balancing academic demands and expectations. The bursary program aligns with the OHA purpose to grow individuals and communities through hockey and our players will benefit immensely from this partnership.”
To apply click here
All applicants must adhere to the following guidelines:
- The bursaries are open to all OHA members (OJHL, GOJHL, PJHL, and ACH) – players, coaches, trainers and officials
- Requests can only be made for active OHA members
- A recipient is attending a post-secondary institution during the 2023-2024 school year • Maintain a high standard of academic excellence
- Active in their local community programs (any community sport or social program) • Must be applying to a post-secondary institution in Ontario
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates must complete the application form below and submit it to the OHA by 8 p.m. on May 1, 2023. Each application will be reviewed by a panel and only the successful recipients will be contacted by the OHA. We wish the best of luck to all applicants.
To apply click here.