Ontario Hockey Association (OHA)
|Position:||Executive Director – Full Time|
|Reports To:||OHA Board of Directors|
|Location:||1425 Bishop St N #2, Cambridge, ON N1R 6J9|
The Ontario Hockey Association (OHA) is the governing body for the majority of Junior and Senior hockey in the Province of Ontario. The OHA is a Member Partner of the Ontario Hockey Federation (OHF) which is one of thirteen Provincial and Regional Branches of Hockey Canada.
The OHA Executive Director provides leadership for long and short term-term strategic planning, communication and Association goals, objectives and ongoing activities of the Association. The Executive Director is responsible for the administration and management of all aspects of the Association. The Executive Director works to ensure the financial, administrative and long-term success of the Association. The Executive Director oversees the entire office staff and works in close contact with the Chair and OHA Board. The Executive Director works a standard work week, but will often work evenings, weekends, and overtime hours to accommodate activities such as OHA Board and Committee meetings, OHF and HC meetings.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reports to the Board of Directors. Provides updates to the Board on organizational emerging issues, creates and fosters an organizational culture that inspires innovation and inclusion and openness, and employee engagement
- Responsible for supervision of staff, scheduling and daily office operations, including professional development plans for staff, holidays, hours of work etc.
- Administration of the day to day operations of the Association
- Manage the financial records of the Association with the Finance Chair, report the financial status to the Board
- Chair OHA Commissioner’s Committee and attends other OHA / OHF Committees as required
- Builds stakeholder relations and communicates the OHA mission and purpose to Members, Member Leagues, partners, volunteers, and various governing bodies
- Attends external engagements and other public functions outside normal working hours as reasonably required
- Communicates in a constructive, professional, respectful, and efficient way with OHA Board, OHF, Hockey Canada, OHA Members and Member Leagues as required
- Understanding of Ontario Hockey Association structure, programs and membership needs
- Strong stakeholder and partner relationship management
- Well organized, able to handle several tasks at the same time
- Extremely strong attention to detail and willingness to complete assignments/projects using very high standards
- Flexible working hours – may need to be made available on evenings and weekends
- Excellent telephone and communication skills
- Able to establish priorities, meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Qualifications and Experience
- Post Secondary Education in Business Administration or Sports Administration is an asset
- 5+ years management experience, preferable in sport association / non-profit environment
- 5+ years of leadership experience
- Experience communication at all levels of an organization
- Strong knowledge, and understanding of the structure of hockey within Ontario, preferably at the Junior level
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and salary expectations Friday, July 30 2021 by 9:00 a.m. (EST) to: email@example.com
Ontario Hockey Association
1425 Bishop Street North #2
Cambridge, Ontario N1R 6J9
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position but only qualified candidates will be called for an interview